CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Solo Mission - Recon Ambush (Midnight) - 12/20/3046  (Read 3109 times)

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
Re: Solo Mission - Recon Ambush (Midnight) - 12/20/3046
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2018, 08:30:52 AM »

Silly side question unrelated to the mission: did you rescale the map scans or is there a way to control the image size when linking the image?

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »

Silly side question unrelated to the mission: did you rescale the map scans or is there a way to control the image size when linking the image?

1) Right click>"Open With">MS Paint.  Load image.  "Resize">Percentage>15%.  CTRL-A, CTRL-C.

2) Select Second MS Paint application.

3) CTRL-V.  Rotate to taste.  Use drag tool to place map where needed.

Repeat for each mapsheet.

This is necessary because the *.tif images are too large to actually put more than 2 into a single MS Paint image.  Should I go through and individually rescale and save every map?  Yeah, probably.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »

If you send me the full size scan with the buildings overlaid, I can just print the map with the buildings on it.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2018, 03:05:34 PM »

Jon, if you want to print the individual maps without the buildings already on them, I can buy them from you. I doubt we’ll end up with that particular combination in the future, so individual maps may make more sense.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2018, 03:40:49 PM »

One other question, how does initiative work? Is it single die roll, no cards or something else?

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »

One other question, how does initiative work? Is it single die roll, no cards or something else?

Standard TW.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2018, 11:40:38 AM »

I'll throw my maps and hex sets in with the other stuff going to the game. You can work things out from there. Do you have someone bringing opfor minis and sheets?

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2018, 12:26:48 PM »

I'll throw my maps and hex sets in with the other stuff going to the game. You can work things out from there. Do you have someone bringing opfor minis and sheets?

I do not have anyone bringing opfor minis and sheets.  When I talked to Rob he didn't think there would be time for playing the game especially given the respawn nature of the large scale game.  I'm flexible, though certainly don't want the solo mission to detract or distract from the large scale game.  Depending on what time things wrapped up I would potentially be willing to hang around afterwards to run it.  The sheets will require Rob to provide the custom Panther at a minimum and I know he's crazy busy currently.

If I have the maps, it will make options easier.  In terms of scheduling I can play it this Saturday, Wed. Oct 24th in the evening or Wed. Nov 7th in the evening.  That's what I've got available between now and the game on the 10th.

Overall I'm open to suggestions. 

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2018, 11:16:18 PM »

I have all OpFor sheets printed except for the custom Panther.  For the buildings I can make out size and placement, but not levels or type.  When Rob has time he can confirm the details.  Focus for Saturday is still the big game and hopefully at least pinning down when to get the solo done.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 07:03:48 PM »

If you're still looking for an Opfor player, or Opfor help, I could play on Wednesday, Nov 7th, after 5pm.

deadlyfire2345

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 07:45:22 PM »

I am pretty sure my table would be able to hold the 2x2 maps. Assuming Dan or someone else who has a table and is available can do it. I do not mind either way.

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »

If the best day ends up being Wednesday Nov. 7th, I'll host.  My wife will be out of town traveling and my kitchen table will fit the two by two map.  That said, I don't have the maps.  I have enough mechs so I could proxy, but would need to proxy everything except for my lance.  Even that would have a proxy as I haven't picked up a second Pixie yet, and so would use the Vindy until I determine if I need to pick up a second Pixie. 

I appreciate the offers for help.  As it becomes more clear who's available when we can figure out more of the details. 

Bryan: do you have all the maps including two of the City Ruins?  Also, would you be willing to drive to Sharonville if it's on the 7th?

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »

At this time, for obvious reasons I have no idea what's going on.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2018, 08:45:27 PM »

If the best day ends up being Wednesday Nov. 7th, I'll host.  My wife will be out of town traveling and my kitchen table will fit the two by two map.  That said, I don't have the maps.  I have enough mechs so I could proxy, but would need to proxy everything except for my lance.  Even that would have a proxy as I haven't picked up a second Pixie yet, and so would use the Vindy until I determine if I need to pick up a second Pixie. 

I appreciate the offers for help.  As it becomes more clear who's available when we can figure out more of the details. 

Bryan: do you have all the maps including two of the City Ruins?  Also, would you be willing to drive to Sharonville if it's on the 7th?

I do have all the maps, just pulled them out.

As for mechs, I've got the following:

Green camo Pixie for your lance

Panther - Red
Panther - Blue
Wasp - Green
Stinger - Green
Stinger - Green
Stinger - Grey
Hussar - Red
Jenner - Red
Jenner - Might need a proxy
Locust - Green camo
Stinger - Grey
Charger - Red

Sharonville is no problem after work on a Wednesday.  (^_^)b

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2018, 09:55:30 AM »

Sharonville is no problem after work on a Wednesday.  (^_^)b

All right, sounds like we're a go for the 7th then.  The only sheet I don't have printed is the custom Panther.  I'll ask Rob to send that to you.  What time should I expect you after work?  If you PM me your cell phone #, I'll text you the address.

Thanks for doing this.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5