CincyBattletech

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Reactor: Online.  Sensors: Online.  Weapons: Online.  All systems nominal.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 1 March 3047 Contract Market  (Read 1283 times)

Hat

• Carpe Petasus
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 1 March 3047 Contract Market
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2018, 04:50:59 PM »

To confirm, there won't be an opportunity to stop by a factory world on the way, correct?  It'd be nice to get my TBolt up to a 5/8/5, but if it waits, it waits.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
  • Kibitzing from the sidelines
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2018, 05:25:39 PM »

I mean yes clan tech weapons are awesome as well as DHS but in this instance I mean having maybe a mech per every 2 lances wouldnt be horrible. The logistics would be downright crazy if not impossible to try and find replacement parts/armor so keeping them isnt going to be super great for us either. Very few mechs would I outright want to keep considering this fact. The tech is more important but it is frail. So idk I mean having the mech isnt that great considering the drawbacks until later.
Think about the simple impossibility of rearmoring most of the 3050 clan mechs. Where would you get clan FF armor?

To confirm, there won't be an opportunity to stop by a factory world on the way, correct?  It'd be nice to get my TBolt up to a 5/8/5, but if it waits, it waits.

No to factory.
In general, we need to take a security contract ...

Also, everyone should take a good look at the addendum Rob posted to the campaign rules. We've been playing easy mode, now it gets hard.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »

I mean yes clan tech weapons are awesome as well as DHS but in this instance I mean having maybe a mech per every 2 lances wouldnt be horrible. The logistics would be downright crazy if not impossible to try and find replacement parts/armor so keeping them isnt going to be super great for us either. Very few mechs would I outright want to keep considering this fact. The tech is more important but it is frail. So idk I mean having the mech isnt that great considering the drawbacks until later.
Think about the simple impossibility of rearmoring most of the 3050 clan mechs. Where would you get clan FF armor?

To confirm, there won't be an opportunity to stop by a factory world on the way, correct?  It'd be nice to get my TBolt up to a 5/8/5, but if it waits, it waits.

No to factory.
In general, we need to take a security contract ...

Also, everyone should take a good look at the addendum Rob posted to the campaign rules. We've been playing easy mode, now it gets hard.

Right that's what I'm saying lol near impossible
Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2018, 06:13:05 PM »

The Nova, Hellbringer and Dire Wolf are some of the few Omnimechs I can think of without FF or ES. Otherwise, we could try to capture a Mad Dog, Summoner, Gargoyle, Warhawk, or Gladiator and rearmor it.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2018, 06:50:41 PM »

The Nova, Hellbringer and Dire Wolf are some of the few Omnimechs I can think of without FF or ES. Otherwise, we could try to capture a Mad Dog, Summoner, Gargoyle, Warhawk, or Gladiator and rearmor it.

Doing that actually breaks its ability to be an Omnimech.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2018, 07:41:17 PM »

I think ATB is pushing us toward this decision and honestly I think its going to continue to push that.

It's just the RNG.

In fairness, I do normally delete contracts which are blatantly non-starters, until I get a minimum of 4 viable contracts.  I felt reasonably secure in deleting your contracts for a planetary assault against the Fronc Reaches for 10% salvage, or the guerilla war on Ryerson for $600k/month, or pirate hunting in the Tortuga Dominions with a non-negotiable 10% transportation reimbursement.

Ice

• Over-Caffinated, Over-Sexed, and Over Here
  • Colonel
  • I BROUGHT MY HAMMER/GOD HAVE MERCY FOR WHOM I FACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2018, 07:46:28 PM »

I think ATB is pushing us toward this decision and honestly I think its going to continue to push that.

It's just the RNG.

In fairness, I do normally delete contracts which are blatantly non-starters, until I get a minimum of 4 viable contracts.  I felt reasonably secure in deleting your contracts for a planetary assault against the Fronc Reaches for 10% salvage, or the guerilla war on Ryerson for $600k/month, or pirate hunting in the Tortuga Dominions with a non-negotiable 10% transportation reimbursement.

Holy hell

And what I should've also said is does the programming know to pull canon timeline events or is inclined to pull those events?

Die Clanner!!!!

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 07:47:05 PM »

It's just the RNG.

The only way I would go to the Fronc Reaches for a planetary assault would be if we kept the planet.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 08:03:20 PM »

And what I should've also said is does the programming know to pull canon timeline events or is inclined to pull those events?

I genuinely don't know.

Timberwolfd

• Administrator
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 08:24:40 PM »

I genuinely don't know.
I think it pulls major events from the canon timeline, but procedurally generates a lot of the middle and low tier stuff. I mean invading the Capellan Confederation is an every couple of years thing after all.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 11:16:22 PM »

I'm voting kestrel. Sounds exciting. :-)

Ad Hoc

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2018, 04:21:28 AM »

My sons and I are ok with Kestrel.

ItsTehPope

• Pontificus Rex
  • Administrator
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »

I wanted to do Taga because it was something new, but what the hell why not.

Darrian Wolffe

• Hazen
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2018, 11:35:18 AM »

OK, it sounds like we're going with Kestrel.

So here's the thing; I'm going to do new marketplaces every 6 months for this contract (or portion thereof; if there's an engagement in a month, there'll be a marketplace that month), because generating and adjucating ~36 marketplaces is gonna be stupid, especially given how much/fast people respond on this board.  Because of the limited marketplaces, the GM is telling you that Phoenix Lance has priority on Doctors and Techs for the first YEAR of the contract.

I'll include the batched 6-month salary information as soon as I hear back from Jon about the amount of initial advance money you're taking (so I know how much a "monthly" payment will be), and then we're going to get the contract rolling.

serrate

• Howe
  • Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2018, 12:42:27 PM »

So here's the thing; I'm going to do new marketplaces every 6 months for this contract (or portion thereof; if there's an engagement in a month, there'll be a marketplace that month), because generating and adjucating ~36 marketplaces is gonna be stupid, especially given how much/fast people respond on this board.  Because of the limited marketplaces, the GM is telling you that Phoenix Lance has priority on Doctors and Techs for the first YEAR of the contract.

Clarification needed, are you saying you're only going to generate a new marketplace every 6 months? Or you're going to generate 6 month's worth of marketplaces at the same time, and post them all?

If the former, won't that significantly reduce our chances of picking up rare units, elite pilots, etc? I don't blame you if that's the case, just making sure I'm ready in case I need to look at 6 marketplaces all at once.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4